The Supreme Court on Wednesday refused to give more time to VK Sasikala and asked her to surrender immediately.
Sasikala on Tuesday had submitted a plea seeking time to surrender on health ground for serving jail term after she was convicted in the disproportionate assets case.
Meanwhile, Sasikala appointed nephew TTV Dinakaran as deputy general secretary of AIADMK on Wednesday. He is son of Sasikala’s sister Vanithamani. Dinakaran was expelled from AIADMK by Jayalalithaa in 2011.
Feb 15, 2017, 11:15 am (IST) – Sasikala expected to leave Poes Garden anytime. Supporters gathering at Poes Garden
Feb 15, 2017, 11:14 am (IST) – If the High Court agrees, civil court will be shifted to central jail
– City Civil Court 48 will be shifted to central jail at Parappana Agrahara. Karnataka High Court Registrar is processing the police request. Jail is close to Tamil Nadu border.
– Police don’t want her convoy to enter city centre. Court is in central part of city. Police want to avoid chaos.
Feb 15, 2017, 11:03 am (IST) – Sasikala is on her way to Bangalore. She is still the party leader and has proved that all efforts to break her support have failed: Subramanyam Swamy
Feb 15, 2017, 11:01 am (IST) – Subramanyam Swamy on Sasikala: The efforts to defect MLA’s from Sasikala camp isn’t happening. Governor hasn’t been able to perform its duties don’t know on whose advice but bad advice. Now he should call in Edappadi K. Palanisamy to form the govt. Efforts to use Panneesselvam and topple the AIADMK govt in TN has now failed.
Feb 15, 2017, 10:59 am (IST) – Sasikala’s lawyer Kulashekharan has requested Bengaluru court not to issue arrest warrant against her. Says she will surrender by evening.
Feb 15, 2017, 10:54 am (IST) – Security arrangements in place in Chennai’s Poes Garden residence where VK Sasikala is currently staying. (Photo: Devender Singh)
Feb 15, 2017, 10:44 am (IST) – We do not intend to pass any order on this. We are not going to change anything in the judgement: Supreme Court
Feb 15, 2017, 10:37 am (IST) – Supreme Court refuses to give more time to surrender to AIADMK General Secretary Sasikala, asks her to surrender immediately
Feb 15, 2017, 10:26 am (IST) –
- C Ponniyan to CNN-News18 – Supreme Court will not grant any bail for Sasikala
- Deepa (relative of Jayalalithaa) is also supporting O Panneerselvam
- MLAs are under house arrest and reality of MLAs numbers will come out in floor test only
- It is for the governor to decide when will floor test be conducted
Feb 15, 2017, 10:15 am (IST) – Mukul Rohatgi, Attorney General on Sasikala Verdict: Governor did the right thing by waiting for Supreme Court’s verdict. Governor has now in his discretion to appoint a CM.
– He can either have a composite floor test b/w the head of the two rival groups and decide who will be the CM. Or if he finds that one group has overwhelmed the majority he can swear in that person and then ask him to prove the majority on the floor of the house.
– Most important thing is that final majority even within the party can only be on the floor of the house and not any other manner and I expect in next two or three days position will be clear and they will have a regular CM.
– I don’t think the court has set any time limit so according to me she needs to surrender at the earliest. (ANI)
Feb 15, 2017, 10:08 am (IST) – TTV Dinakaran was expelled from AIADMK by Jayalalithaa in 2011
Feb 15, 2017, 10:05 am (IST) – TTV Dhinakaran appointed as Deputy General Secretary of AIADMK
Thiru.TTV.Dhinakaran appointed as Deputy General Secretary of AIADMK.-Respected Chinnamma (GS AIADMK)
— AIADMK (@AIADMKOfficial) February 15, 2017