How do i change the service provider without changing mobile no?
What is the procedure to migrate mobile number to another service provider?
How long it will take to change my mobile service provider?
What is the charges for mobile number porting?
When will MNP will be launched?
Yes, for all the questions, there is an answer
Mobile number portability (MNP) allows mobile subscribers to retain their mobile telephone numbers when changing from one mobile network operator to another operator. MNP is now launched today all over India. Now it is possible for every indian mobile user to change his/her mobile operator by retaining their number.
Procedure to change your mobile operator.
1. To begin with, you need to generate UPC (Unique Porting Code) by sending SMS to 1900. UPC is an alphanumeric code allocated, upon request, by a mobile operator to its subscriber for the purpose of facilitation of porting of his/her mobile number to another operator.
• SMS to be sent : PORT <your Mobile Number> to 1900. Operator SMS charges will be applicable.
• Eg. SMS PORT 98XXXXXXXX to 1900
2. After sending SMS to 1900, you will receive UPC (Unique Porting Code) as a SMS from 1901 giving 8 digit alpha-numeric Unique Porting Code (UPC) and UPC expiry date in MM/DD/YYYY format
3. Visit your new service provider showroom
4. Fill the Mobile Number Porting (MNP) form providing details like
• Current Mobile Number
• Current Operator name
• UPC code
5. Submit Address & Id proof documents, self-attested photo and last bill copy of postpaid connection (if applicable) along-with filled MNP form and Customer Agreement Form.
6. Buy the new card from the new service provider
7. Follow the instructions from your new operator
8. Within 48 hours your number will be ported to the new operator.
9. The porting charges are about Rs.19.