Breaking News
Home » Entertainment » Fresh notice to Shah Rukh over building violations

Fresh notice to Shah Rukh over building violations

MUMBAI: Actor Shah Rukh Khan could find himself in fresh trouble over his Bandra home. The Maharashtra Coastal Zone Management Authority (MCZMA) has instructed municipal commissioner Subodh Kumar to verify a complaint that alleges violation of environmental laws by the actor.

A notice has been served on Khan, asking him to respond to the allegations. This is the second time the MCZMA has written to SRK in this regard. Officials said a similar notice was served on him on August 24.

The actor was not available for comment. No response came from the law firm that had earlier represented him in the Bombay high court in a related issue.

The MCZMA has asked Kumar to take action against SRK if violations are found.

According to complainant Amit Maru, a six-storey structure has come up on the plot without the permission of the MCZMA. The coastal body’s approval is needed as the Bandstand structure falls in the coastal regulatory zone (CRZ).

Maru has further alleged that MCZMA’s permission was not obtained before the demolition of two heritage structures which existed on the plot. “Also, the plot on which Mannat stands was earlier reserved for a public art gallery. The MCZMA’s permission was not obtained before the BMC approved a proposal to modify the reservation to residential,” Maru has claimed. “Provisions mentioned in the CRZ laws were violated while designing the building and setting up an underground parking lot.”

Meanwhile, Maru’s lawyer Y P Singh criticized the MCZMA for not specifying a timeframe within which the actor must respond to the notice. Served on September 13, the notice asks Khan to “submit his say at the earliest”. Sources said that the actor is yet to respond to the notice. “It is a well-settled principle that every notice must specify a timeframe. This has been followed in other cases. An exception is being made in Khan’s case,” Singh alleged.

Claiming that the MCZMA had first discussed the matter of alleged violations in March 2009, Singh blamed the authority for inaction. The complainant has also alleged FSI violations in the construction of the buildings. Maru had earlier filed a petition against the construction in the high court, which struck it down. Maru has challenged the high court order in the apex court.

Source : http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/Fresh-notice-to-Shah-Rukh-over-building-violations/articleshow/10294955.cms

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*